It’s no secret…I am definitely in love with chocolate, particularly chocolate brownies. If I am honest, I have something on hand every week! 🙂 Am I addicted? Probably. 🙂 These brownies have been my “go to” dessert for quite a while; they also have been successful at satisfying the sweet tooth of family and friends. I am incredibly grateful to Erica from the Comfy Belly for this delicious recipe. I did alter the amount of coconut flour, but other than that, this is Erica’s recipe. 🙂 Be sure to check out her blog for more great dishes! 🙂
1/4 cup minus 1/2 tsp. coconut flour (Do not pack this. Too much coconut flour will alter the texture of your brownies.)
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (You can also use cacao powder.)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
4 organic eggs (This is important.)
3/4 cup maple syrup (Grade B preferred)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup melted coconut oil (If dairy is tolerated, Kerrygold butter tastes great in place of the coconut oil! I find mine at Trader Joe’s. Sometimes Costco will carry this as well.)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 8×8 pan with coconut oil.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together. Set aside.
3. In a smaller bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients, except for the coconut oil (or butter). Add the wet ingredients (except the coconut oil/butter) to the dry ingredients. Using a handheld mixer, combine the wet and dry ingredients until well incorporated. Add the 1/3 cup oil or butter and process again until incorporated.
4. Let the batter set for 5 minutes, and then proceed to process once more for 30 seconds with the handheld mixer.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean. (I always under bake mine a little and take them out at 20 minutes because I prefer them that way; it is a matter of your taste preference.)
6. Optional but absolutely delicious: Poke holes into the top of the brownies and frost with Erica’s delicious ganache! Find the recipe here.
7. Let cool slightly and enjoy! 🙂